Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tina

I feel I need to post about my much loved, dear friend, Tina. She has been on my mind these past few days and I am not sure why. I think during any major change in my life I always ask, "what would Tina think?" Even after all this time, I can hear her talking then chuckling her signature laugh.

There hasn't been a day gone by without thinking of her.

The time she was taken marked a huge change in my life. On my 25th birthday, I attended her funeral, said my goodbyes, then packed up my car and moved from North Dakota to Arizona, all in the same day. I still wonder how I made it through that transition without her. She was the best friend I talked to when I needed someone to lend an ear. My life transition to Arizona, and the years after, were very difficult and not having her to talk with, made it all the more.

I have so much to contribute to her. If it wasn't for her, I would still be unsure of how to apply make-up, that clothes were supposed to match, and never would have memorized all the words to just about every Shania Twain song from the album 'Come on Over.' More importantly, she taught me to let my hair down and have fun with life.  It was because of her influence which has shaped my personality into who I am today. She saw the best in people. Her smile was beautiful and her kindness lit up every room she entered.

I am coming up on nine years without my best friend and I miss her even more. She touched the lives of everyone around her. I feel everyone should have met this wonderful woman for she was an amazing friend, mother, daughter and sister. I was lucky to have been a part of her life for I am a better person because of her.




1 comment: